St Clare Preschool is a Catholic early childhood education program that fosters joy, curiosity, confidence and spiritual connection in a welcoming community.
Trainer Program Goals
- To provide a wide variety of age appropriate activities, within a routine, that draw from the curriculum areas of art, math, science, cooking, music and movement, large muscle, practical life, social studies, dramatic play, language arts, and manipulative activities.
- To provide a nurturing, flexible, and calm atmosphere where physical affection is freely given, self-concept is enhanced, independence is encouraged and expectations are made clear.
- To develop staff potential through proper supervision by making expectations clear, following through to see that expectations are met, and utilizing staff input and their abilities.
- To be supportive of parents by encouraging involvement and open and honest communication, while maintaining tact and discretion.
- To establish room awareness among staff so that a safe environment is always present both indoors and out.
- To meet each child's physical needs while setting the stage for future independence in self-care.
- To provide ample opportunity for the use of large motor skills and outdoor activity.
- To provide an atmosphere where the foundations of respect for others is established.
- To encourage social development though cooperative play.
- To establish respect for the equipment and materials.
- To establish an observation system in which notes on children are kept.