St Clare Preschool is a Catholic early childhood education program that fosters joy, curiosity, confidence and spiritual connection in a welcoming community.
Toddler Program Goals
- To provide a loving, caring atmosphere where physical affection is freely given. To instill in each child a feeling of autonomy and a positive self-concept.
- To provide a joyful, enthusiastic and spontaneous approach with the children.
- To meet each child's physical needs.
- To establish the foundations for respect of equipment.
- To establish the foundations for respect of others — Social Development.
- To provide for the language development that is so important at this stage of development.
- To make available a good variety and quantity of materials on the shelves at the child's level (manipulatives, dramatic play, pull toys, Fisher-Price, etc.).
- To provide ample opportunity for use of gross motor skills.
- To provide a variety of activities that begin to introduce the curriculums of art, science, cooking, social studies, dramatic play, manipulative activities, language, large motor, music and movement.
- To be supportive of parents by encouraging involvement and open and honest communication, while maintaining tact and discretion.
- To develop staff potential through proper supervision by making expectations clear, following through to see that expectations are met, and utilizing staff input and their abilities.
- To develop self-help skills in order to create a feeling of independence and confidence in the child. This can be accomplished by toilet training, encouraging them to try to help dress themselves and letting them help with snack preparation.
- To provide care in smaller sub-groups, in order to give each child more personal attention, to prevent under and over stimulation, to allow more freedom of choices and to maintain a more relaxed atmosphere.