St Clare Preschool is a Catholic early childhood education program that fosters joy, curiosity, confidence and spiritual connection in a welcoming community.
Pre-K Program Goals
- To meet each child's physical needs while encouraging independence in self-care.
- To provide an atmosphere in which children have respect for others.
- To establish respect for the equipment and materials.
- To provide a relaxed, loving, and calm atmosphere where self-concept is enhanced, independence and choices are encouraged, and self-discipline is gained in an environment when he/she knows the limits and expectations.
- To provide a wide variety of activities within a routine, where cooperative play is encouraged. These activities should be drawn from the curriculum areas of: art, math, science, cooking, music and movement, large muscle, social studies, practical life, dramatic play, language arts, and manipulative activities.
- To develop in the child an active curiosity about the world in which he/she lives and an enthusiasm for learning which stimulates exploratory behavior and creativity.
- To develop in each child an appreciation for beauty and nature.
- To provide ample opportunity for the use of large motor skills and coordination through physically active play either indoor or outdoor activity.
- To establish an observation system in which notes on children are kept.
- To establish room awareness among staff so that a safe environment is always present both indoors and out.
- To be supportive of parents by encouraging involvement and open and honest communication, while maintaining tact and discretion.
- To develop staff potential through proper supervision by making expectations clear, following through to see that expectations are met, and utilizing staff input and their abilities.